Saturday, November 14, 2015

Let the Holidays Begin

Reindeer Embroidered Pillow was inspired by the work of Helene Lundberg's Scandinavian Christmas Crafts. It is hand embroidered and embellished by me. Tassels are handmade. The small pillow is crafted from eco-felt, and features a bright red back. I love the simplicity of the design.

The challenge wasn't in the creating of the pillow, but in the photographing of it. The white of the front tended towards overexposure. I ultimately used a dark background and moved my set-up into the porch where there was filtered, natural light. You'll notice the different lighting conditions in the photos below, and the ways in which the lighting impacts the color.


Needle and Beads, copyright 2015, Stephanie Maatta Smith

Stitched Together, copyright 2015, Stephanie Maatta Smith

If you're looking for unique holiday gift ideas, be sure to check out my Etsy shop. Along with photography, I am an avid crafter. This pillow is currently available for purchase. Additional handcrafted items will be added throughout the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment