Friday, April 4, 2014

Pet Photography

image of Siamese cat laying on stairs
I See Something
copyright 2014, Stephanie Maatta Smith
image of Siamese cat with blue eyes
Bluest Eyes
copyright 2014, Stephanie Maatta Smith
image of Siamese cat with blue eyes
Mama's Boy
copyright 2014, Stephanie Maatta Smith
At the beginning of March I attended a 2-day photography conference. Not only did I learn some fundamental techniques, but I also had an opportunity to think about some of the business aspects of photography. One of the presenters creates pet portraits -- mostly of dogs. Well this intrigued me a great deal. What better way to combine my love of animals with a growing interest in photography. So I tried a few images with my favorite feline with the milk mustache. Luckily he's very well behaved and quite tolerant of my "foolishness." In most of the images his bright blue eyes came through without any post-processing. He allows me to use flash without running in the other direction, and actually finds his modeling sessions to be a grand game. I suspect it won't be long before I start asking family and friends for the use of their pets (big and small) to build a pet portrait portfolio.

image of Siamese cat
Charmer
copyright 2014, Stephanie Maatta Smith


1 comment: